Your business needs a fan page. You’ve heard me say this before.
The important thing to remember is that it doesn’t stop there. Your Facebook page is just as important as your website when it comes to SEO.
Facebook provides marketers with a wealth of traffic options, yet many forget to include basic Search Engine Optimization as part of their overall strategy. There are a few simple steps you can take right away that can have a massive impact on your results.
1) Optimize for Google and Facebook search: Active pages, groups, people, and events will rank higher in the Facebook search. Likewise, using keywords in your posts can help you rank in Google as well.
2) Naming your Fan Page: choose a good name for your Fan Page and don’t change it. Facebook wants you to use your real business name as the name of your page.
3) Select a Good Custom URL: Once you have more than 25 fans, you can go to http://www.facebook.com/username and select a custom URL for your Fan Page. By using your real business name here, you can help your page rank easily in Google.
4) Use the “About” and “Info” Sections wisely: The area immediately below your profile image is designed for you to include some text about your business. Please enter your full http:// URL here first. Then use keyword rich text to describe your business. Also fill the “info” tab with http:// URLs, your email address, and other keyword rich content describing what you do.
5) Inbound Links: Place a link to your Facebook page on other relevant sites, in blog comments (where they ask you to put your website address), in your Twitter profile, on your own website, etc.
These are just a few simple steps you can implement right away to improve your Facebook page SEO results. For comprehensive Facebook training, we invite you to become a member of the FBadsLAB here – http://www.FBadsLAB.com/fb-insights
(Special thanks to Rick for the use of his image from Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spine/272900992/)