This is a post of a different kind. Hope you’re ready …
I’ve been working online since 2008. I’m not super-human. I have a family, a husband, three young children, friends and relatives. I also have a thriving business, training program, coaching groups, and consultancy business. I live on the opposite side of the world from some of my closest family and friends. I have problems, issues, hang-ups, and deal with stuff just like you. I have a really busy life, and some say, I am too busy. But it works for me.
In the time I’ve been online, I’ve realized I’m not super-human. I never will be. Those people who seem to ‘have-it-all’ are not super-human. And, neither are you. Super-humanity (LOL is that even a word??) does not exist, and therefore should not be our goal.
If you want to be successful online or offline, you can do it now - just as you are – with all your flaws, obligations, commitments, and issues. The only thing that needs to change is inside your head.
Too many people seem to think they can’t do it, and they send emails filled with excuses.
My response to them is “So what?”
You have flaws. So what? Me too.
You are scared. So what? Me too.
You tried and it didn’t work. So what? Me too.
You are broke. So what? Not anymore
You have kids. So what? Me too.
You’re self-conscious. So what? Me too.
You’re too busy. So what? Me too.
You get the idea, right?
How do you make it work, then? How do you go from where you are now to where you need to be?
I have followed 7 distinct steps, which I will share with you here.
First of all, you need to know what “raw material” you’re working with. Who are you? Do you have an idea, dream, thought, concept that is bursting inside of you? What are you most passionate about? Do people ask for your help with things? How can you help others?
What do you have that other people need? — THAT is your focus.
Focus and belief is where the foundation of business lies. Not in the website, Twitter, Facebook Page, membership site, podcast, etc. Blah, blah, blah. It is inside each of us. When you BELIEVE you have something to offer an audience, and you FOCUS on that diligently, you can’t help but talk about it.
There are things you can start doing today that will have a dramatic impact on your future, your business, and your network.
How to become super-human in 7 steps: (ha-ha! I love that headline.)
- Get clear on your values. You know what’s right and wrong for you. Decide and stick to it. Values will help you make decisions down the track. Understand what you will and will not do – and move forward from there.
- Determine your priorities. What do you want to do, and when do you want to do it? Do this in all areas of your life. It helps. Seriously. Husband. Kids. Business. Friends. Focus only on the things that matter most to you.
- Strengthen your filter. Choose one or two leaders to follow, and disconnect from everyone else. Only let people in who match your values and priorities. This includes your email subscriptions, RSS feed, and Facebook notifications. Delete everyone else except people who match your message.
- Believe in yourself. I won’t get all “airy-fairy” on you. Mindset is everything. Fix yours fast.
- Take action daily. Every single day, do something that impacts your bottom line. Focus on profit generating activities. Not “warm fuzzies”. Ask yourself – Does this bring me closer? Yes or No? If No – then don’t do it, or make it wait.
- Ask for feedback. Listen to those you trust and make adjustments accordingly. Asking for feedback regularly helps you improve and cut out unnecessary effort. You’ll soon know if you’re on the wrong track.
- Ignore nay-sayers. This is a big one.I could write a whole post just about this. You will have “haters”. That’s part of the deal. Ignore everyone who is negative. If you give them your attention, doubt can creep in.
I know this is going to ruffle some feathers. Perhaps you disagree with me. Perhaps I’ve left something out. That’s ok. This post is personal. But, it’s only my thoughts and opinions, and it’s therefore one-sided. I’d love to hear your thoughts. This is a big issue, and I believe it should be discussed more openly. Do you agree?
Please comment in the box below and let me know how you feel about it.
This post is one of a kind.